Ash Tree Class - Year 5/6
Autumn Curriculum Overview: The Victorians in Yeadon - Who was William Murgatroyd?
- English: Pupils will be developing and using a range of skills through writing a biography, information text, diary entry, poem.
- Reading: Our class reader 'Street Child' links to our Victorian topic. Pupils will be reading through this text and answering a range of questions to support their comprehension as well as completing a range of varied comprehension tasks.
- Maths: Building on place value knowledge, using all four operations to answer problems, fractions and geometry.
- Science: Forces; recognising how different forces affect objects.
- Computing: Researching figures linked to topic and presenting the information in a create and engaging manner.
- Music: Learning, rehearsing and performing Victorian carols.
- Art: Creating a Victorian style tapestry.
- D & T: Creating a cam toy for a Victorian child.
- History: The Victorians; building on chronological understanding, making comparisons between past and present and researching historical figures.
- Geography: Local area and study of William Murgatroyd; locating points of interest on a map and understanding human geography.
- PE: Tag Rugby (Fisical sports coach) and netball.
- RE: What does it mean to be a Sikh?
- PSHE: ‘Me and my relationships’ – developing team building and communication skills.
- French: School Life; subjects, objects and asking questions and All in a day; time and the school week.