Ash Tree Class - Year 5/6
Autumn Curriculum Overview: The Victorians in Yeadon - Who was William Murgatroyd?
- English: Pupils will be developing and using a range of skills through writing a biography, information text, diary entry, narrative description and poetry.
- Reading: Our class reader 'Street Child' links to our Victorian topic. Pupils will be reading through this text and answering a range of questions to support their comprehension as well as completing a range of varied comprehension tasks.
- Maths: Building on place value knowledge, using all four operations to answer problems and fractions.
- Science: Forces; recognising how different forces affect objects.
- Computing: Digital literacy – Internet communication and online safety.
- Music:Y5 Ukuleles / Y6 Sing Up – ‘Hey, Mr Miller’
- D & T: Exploring structures
- History: The Victorians; building on chronological understanding, making comparisons between past and present and researching historical figures.
- Geography: Local area and study of William Murgatroyd; locating points of interest on a map and understanding human geography.
- PE: Hockey/football and dance
- RE: What does it mean to be a Sikh?
- PSHE: ‘Me and my relationships’ – developing team building and communication skills.
- French: Phonics and the date