Maple Tree Class - Year 6
Welcome to our class page! We are looking forward to an exciting and busy year ahead!
Maple Tree Class is taught by Mrs Trotter, Miss Simms and supported by Mrs Senior.
- PE is on a Thursday and Friday - PE Kit should be worn on those days.
- Homework is given out on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Friday. Children should be reading at home at least five times a week.
If you need to speak to us please see us during drop-off times before/after school, email email@example.com or call 0113 3910906 and we will respond as soon as possible.
Autumn Curriculum Overview: The Victorians in Yeadon - Who was William Murgatroyd?
- English: Pupils will be developing and using a range of skills through writing a biography, information text, diary entry, narrative description and poetry.
- Reading: Our class reader 'Street Child' links to our Victorian topic. Pupils will be reading through this text and answering a range of questions to support their comprehension as well as completing a range of varied comprehension tasks.
- Maths: Building on place value knowledge, using all four operations to answer problems and fractions.
- Science: Forces; recognising how different forces affect objects.
- Computing: Digital literacy – Internet communication and online safety.
- Music: Sing Up – ‘Hey, Mr Miller’
- D & T: Exploring structures
- History: The Victorians; building on chronological understanding, making comparisons between past and present and researching historical figures.
- Geography: Local area and study of William Murgatroyd; locating points of interest on a map and understanding human geography.
- PE: Hockey and dance
- RE: What does it mean to be a Sikh?
- PSHE: ‘Me and my relationships’ – developing team building and communication skills.
- French: Phonics and the date