Maple Tree Class - Year 6
Welcome to our class page! We are looking forward to an exciting and busy year ahead!
Maple Tree Class is taught by Mrs Trotter and supported by Mrs Senior and Miss Davey.
- PE is on a Tuesday and Friday - PE Kit should be worn on those days.
- Homework is given out on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Friday. Children should be reading at least five times a week.
If you need to speak to us please see us during drop-off times before/after school, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 3910906 and we will respond as soon as possible.
Autumn Curriculum Overview: The Victorians in Yeadon - Who was William Murgatroyd?
- English: Pupils will be developing and using a range of skills through writing a biography, information text, diary entry, poem.
- Reading: Our class reader 'Street Child' links to our Victorian topic. Pupils will be reading through this text and answering a range of questions to support their comprehension as well as completing a range of varied comprehension tasks.
- Maths: Building on place value knowledge, using all four operations to answer problems, fractions and geometry.
- Science: Forces; recognising how different forces affect objects.
- Computing: Researching figures linked to topic and presenting the information in a create and engaging manner.
- Music: Learning, rehearsing and performing Victorian carols.
- Art: Creating a Victorian style tapestry.
- D & T: Creating a cam toy for a Victorian child.
- History: The Victorians; building on chronological understanding, making comparisons between past and present and researching historical figures.
- Geography: Local area and study of William Murgatroyd; locating points of interest on a map and understanding human geography.
- PE: Tag Rugby (Fisical sports coach) and netball.
- RE: What does it mean to be a Sikh?
- PSHE: ‘Me and my relationships’ – developing team building and communication skills.
- French: School Life; subjects, objects and asking questions and All in a day; time and the school week.