Maple Tree Class - Year 6
Welcome to our class page! We are looking forward to an exciting and busy year ahead!
Maple Tree Class is taught by Mrs Trotter, Miss Simms and supported by Mrs Senior.
- PE is on a Thursday and Friday - PE Kit should be worn on those days.
- Homework is given out on a Friday to be returned the following Wednesday.
- Reading books will be changed on a Monday and Friday. Children should be reading at home at least five times a week.
If you need to speak to us please see us during drop-off times before/after school, email email@example.com or call 0113 3910906 and we will respond as soon as possible.
Spring Curriculum Overview: My Region and the Western USA - Rivers and Mountains
- English: Pupils will be developing their writing skills by writing a non-chronological report, an adventure story and a newspaper report.
- Reading: Our class reader is 'King of the Cloud Forests' by Michael Morpurgo. Pupils will be reading through this text and answering a range of questions to support their comprehension. In addition, the children will be completing a range of comprehension-based activities linked to the topic.
- Decimals and percentages
- Perimeter, area and volume
- Science: Properties and changes of materials
- Computing: Computer Science
- Music: Sing Up
- Art: North American Art (landscapes)
- Geography: Comparing two regions
- PE: Tag rugby and OAA (Outdoor Adventurous Activities)
- RE: What do Christians believe about Jesus’ death and resurrection? and How does growing up bring responsibilities?
- PSHE: Rights and Responsibilities and Keeping Myself Safe